Archive of Pastor Darby's Sermon Notes, transcribed from his original typewritten documents
PLANT A LET US PATCH
Dec. 15, 1968 pm
THE DOOR IS OPEN INTO THE HOLIEST OF ALL (19) IF WE BUT DARE CLAIM WHAT GOD OFFERS US
- We need the boldness and the energy to claim the best that God has for us- 11 Letus's in Hebrews
- Through the sacrifice of Christ in shedding His blood to redeem us- the veil was rent in twain
- We had better learn to make better use of the spiritual opportunities that are available to us, as our nation crumbles around us and many of the foundations are destroyed
I. "LET US DRAW NEAR" v.22
The way into the throne room of God is open to us, so let us draw near and enter.
A. LET US DRAW NEAR WITH A TRUE HEART v.22b
- Only in Christ Jesus can we truly be "honest to God" - no hypocrisy, sensitivity sessions!
- Here is a call to lukewarm Christians- to perfect their fellowship with God - prayer & life
- Heb 4:16 shows another "Let Us"- and here you find mercy, grace, and help- never fails
B. LET US DRAW NEAR WITH FULL ASSURANCE v.22c
- The reason we can do this is because of our great High Priest- He never fails won't fail you
- Here is a call to the uncertain, the hesitant Christian- you can trust Jesus- not men, but Him
- The secret is the new and living way- v.20a, "He ever liveth to make intercession" - 7:25
C. LET US DRAW NEAR FULLY CLEANSED v.22d
- Hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience- blood sprinkled- Do you have a new conscience?
- Our bodies washed with pure water- OT Washing, NT Baptism- practical faith brings body-
- An unbroken experience living in the heavenlies, nothing to stop you from coming to God
If you fail to come into the throne room of God- it is your own fault you are poor in spirit!
II. "LET US HOLD FAST" v.23
We have an anchor sure and steadfast within the veil- 6:19, make sure of your end of the rope
A. LET US HOLD FAST THE PROFESSION OF OUR FAITH" 23b
- Entering into the Holiest is one thing, living there, quite another. One experience not enough
- We need to keep on confessing Christ, not just once. What we utter becomes more clear to us
- Let's don't turn our backs on the wonderful Saviour who loved us- deny him with our feet!
B. LET US HOLD FAST WITHOUT WAVERING 23c
- One does not become a giant Christian in a second- it takes time to grow and develop.
- God gives us faith if we ask for it! And wisdom - James 1:5,6 - Tucker-45 God hates wavering
- If you are a Christian, live it! Don't be in and out of glory- dwell in His presence!
C. LET US HOLD FAST FOR HE IS FAITHFUL THAT PROMISED 23d
- Let this be your rock, the foundation of your life, based on the promises of God- mark them
- Claim the promises of God- when you do, great things happen in your life- Salvation
- I wonder if He is still subject to keeping his promise when we fail to claim & count on it?
Our salvation counts on His holding fast, our enjoyment of it now counts on our holding
III. "LET US CONSIDER ONE ANOTHER" v. 24,25
Christianity is not a lone, individualistic, selfish life- it takes OTHERS to love
A. LET US CONSIDER ONE ANOTHER v. 24a
- The person entering the Holiest lives in love- this demands OTHERS to show the love to
- Each person redeemed is dependent on all others redeemed - of eternity, and of NOW
- Take time to be considerate of other Christians - if you are not, God is not in your heart?
B. LET US CONSIDER ONE ANOTHER TO PROVOKE UNTO LOVE AND GOOD WORKS v.24b
- Not harsh rules, but real love. Life in the Holiest is love lived out- Motive, method, mania
- And to lead others, we must be constantly provoking- teasing each other to spiritual love!
- There is the need of Good works to illustrate that love- help church go forward, not dragging
C. LET US NOT FORSAKE THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOEGETHER AS THE MANNER OF SOME IS v.25a
- Members of one body, a fellowship in Christ, close family, spend time together necessary.
- Hiding from church, rushing out - is a dangerous symptom of backsliding- soon breaks fellowship
- Exhort one another to get back to church- don't agree with backslider, or you do him damage!
Hating preacher, or deacon, or member- is only a smoke screen- help them back to church!
SO MUCH THE MORE AS YOU SEE THE DAY (OF THE LORD) APPROACHING, NOW A CRASH PROGRAM!
- The opportunity of spiritual glory, and the chances of disaster comes at same time!
- We live on the brink of Heaven or Hell! Which will it be for you?
- Lay hold of Christ for Salvation, and camp in the center of His will no matter what cost to you in temporal things.