Timeless Principles For Fruitful Living
by Pastor Wesley Darby
TIMELESS PRINCIPLES FOR FRUITFUL LIVING
- RESOLUTIONS FOR 2006 -
When Del Fehsenfeld Jr knew he was dying- he asked his Life Action Ministries Staff to draw up principles to guide the future of the group - Core Commitments & Values:
- THE LORDSHIP OF CHRIST - OUR LIVES MUST BE BUILT ON AN UNCONDITIONAL, ABSOLUTE, LIFETIME SURRENDER TO JESUS AS LORD! Is there anything in any area of my life where I am reserving the right to make the final decision?
- THE AUTHORITY OF SCRIPTURE - THE WORD OF GOD MUST DETERMINE OUR THINKING, DIRECT OUR DECISION MAKING, REIGN SUPREME OVER EVERY AREA OF OUR LIVES. Is there any
Biblical Truth that I know but am not obeying?
- THE MINISTRY OF THE SPIRIT - AS WE ARE DEPENDENT UPON AND DIRECTED AND ENERGIZED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, THE SUPERNATUAAL POWER OF GOD WILL BE MANIFEST IN AND THROUGH OUR LIVES. Am I depending on my own abilities, or on the power of the Spirit, to live the Christian life and to serve the Lord?
- THE LIFE MESSAGE - OUR LIVES MUST BE LIVING DEMONSTRATIONS OF THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD! Is there any truth I am communicating to others, that I am not practicing in my own life?
- THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS - THROUGH CHRIST'S DEATH ON THE CROSS, WE RECEIVED ETERNAL LIFE.... THROUGH OUR DEATH WITH HIM, WE ENTER INTO HIS ABUNDANT LIFE. Is there any pride, resistance, or self-sufficiency in my life that is hindering the life of Jesus from flowing through me?
- THE BIBLICAL PRIORITIES - AN EFFECTIVE, FRUITFUL LIFE AND MINISTRY FLOWS OUT OF A COMMITMENT TO SCRIPTURAL PRIORITIES. -Based on my checkbook and my calendar- what are my real priorities?
- THE SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE - OUR LIVES AND SERVICE OUGHT TO REFLECT THE EXCELLENCE OF GOD'S NAME AND WORKS; HE IS WORTHY OF THE VERY BEST WE CAN OFFER HIM. - Am I reflecting the excellence of God's character in my appearance, my attitudes, and my work?
- THE WALK BY FAITH - FAITH IN THE PERSON AND POWER OF GOD-- FAITH THAT ACTS ON THE PRINCIPLES OF HIS WORD** WILL MOVE US INTO THE REALM OF THE SUPERNATURAL: What am I believing God for, that only He can do?
- THE SERVANT'S HEART - WE ARE CALLED TO BE THE SERVANTS OF CHRIST AND OF HIS PEOPLE. A TRUE SERVANT ESTEEMS ALL OTHERS BETTER THAN HIMSELF AND SEEKS TO MAKE THOSE AROUND HIM A SUCCSSS. Is there anyone that I do not esteem better than myself, or that I am unwilling to serve?
- THE VISION FOR REVIVAL - IF WE WANT GOD TO BE GLORIFIED IN OUR WORLD, WE AS HIS PEOPLE MUST FIRST BE WILLING TO HUMBLE OURSELVES, PRAY, TURN FROM OUR WICKED WAYS, AND SEEK HIS FACE.- If revival depended on my prayers, my faith, and my obedience, would my country ever experience revival?
- THE MATTER OF FAITHFULNESS - GOD HAS NOT CALLED US TO BE "SUCCESSFUL," ASTHE WORLD MEASURES SUCCESS, BUT TO BE FAITHFUL.- Am I being faithful in fulfilling the responsibilities and caring for the possessions God has entrusted to me?
- SACRIFICIAL GIVING - GOD BLESSES US SO WE CAN BLESS OTHERS. OUR LIVES SHOULD BE CHARACTERIZED BY SACRIFICIAL GIVING TO MEET THE NEEDS OF OTHERS AND TO FURTHER THE KINGDOM OF GOD.- How have I exercised faith and sacrifice in my giving this week?
- JUST PRAYER - THROUGH PRAYER OUR HEARTS ARE LINKED TO A SOVEREIGN GOD AND HIS PURPOSES AND FULFILLRD IN OUR WORLD. A PRAYERLESS LIFE IS A SELF-SUFFICIENT AND FRUITLESS LIFE. How much time have I spent in prayer in the past twenty-four hours?
Anyone would be a spiritual giant to be able to keep these basic principles, but anyone who is unwilling to consider their responsibilities to God in each area is not much of a Christian. Saved by Grace is wonderful- but living in this mud today takes a daily cleansing, and will you help rewrite these principles and challenges ? Maybe your church can be blessed by your efforts to improve on these great spiritual principles.