Archive of Pastor Darby's Sermon Notes, transcribed from his original typewritten documents
THEY WENT EVERYWHERE * PREACHING THE WORD
Feb 21, 1965 pm
THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST DEMANDS THE TOTAL CONQUEST OF THE WORLD * OR OUR DEATH IN TRYING!
Many Christians have been sold a coexistence belief- this comes from the devil himself. God's commands have been clear- to all the world- to every creature- to every nation. The early church disobeyed, got great persecution- we have our choice- what will it be?
THE CALL TO ARMS
THE GREAT COMMISSION
- Matthew 28:19 (turn and mark it) Go- teach all nations life and all things I have commanded you.
- Mark 16:15 Go- into all the world, preach gospel to every creature.
- Luke 24:47 Remission of sins preached in His name among all nations.
THE APOSTOLIC COMMISSION
- Acts 1:8 Ye shall be witnesses unto me- to the uttermost part of the earth-
- Notice that this is also a prophecy, a statement of fact -- it shall be done!
BUT THE CHURCH NEVER MOVED OUT TO THE ASSIGNED AREA
- They preached in every language (Acts 2:6) but it was all in Jerusalem- God said world!
- In Genesis 9:1 God said replenish the earth- but in 11:4- they stayed in a great city
- Genesis 11:9 the Lord confounded their language, and scattered them abroad- all the earth!
THE TRAINING GROUND OF PERSECUTION
ACTS 8:1 THERE WAS A GREAT PERSECUTION AGAINST THE CHURCH
- Persecution can be because you're doing God's will- or because you refuse to- know which.
- Mankind cannot break God's law, he can only break himself upon it- more so the church.
- No matter what the reason- troubles and heartaches will leave a great blessing if you permit.
THEY THAT WERE SCATTERED WENT EVERYWHERE
- The Apostles seemed to stay in Jerusalem- they were Kosher- the Deacons were Greek
- God said go, when they did not do what He said, He helped them on.
- If you allow God to work in your life- He will put you where He wants you- then joy
THEY WENT EVERYWHERE PREACHING THE WORD
- The word was that Jesus is the Christ (v.5) and that the people needed to repent and believe.
- The sermons of the various ones we will study next month- this was all they- not few.
- The result was (v.8) joy! Joy for the soulwinner- and the one won!
If you are not saved- believe in Christ and see! If you are saved- try soul winning!
GOD'S COMMAND HAS NEVER CHANGED * WILL YOU ANSWER THE CALL TO ARMS?
THE ONLY WAY OF SURVIVAL IS TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH
- About 3 billion people in the world- less than 1 billion are in Christendom- how many are saved?
- The communists are about to sweep Christianity off the earth- and even missionaries are pacifists.
- In this city- with 300 churches preaching the gospel- only 1/10th could find a pew- end they sure aren't full---
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO WIN PEOPLE TO CHRIST
- God's word says- teach- this is important- our children are saved.
- Foolishness of preaching (I Corinthians 1:18- especially 21) - to save them that believe
- Witnessing- word of mouth, personal soulwinning-
THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY THAT WE ALL CAN USE
- Mark 13:10- Publish the gospel- tracts- literature- reading material
- Luther's writings- not preaching- led to reformation.
- 2000 tribes- no language in writing- 5% of world, 95% has writing- 3 million a week learning to read- communism publishes two pieces of literature for every person on this earth each year.
EVEN HERE IN PHOENIX- THE ONLY WAY TO REACH THE MASSES- PUBLISHED THE GOSPEL- TRACTS
- Many are wasted- but one tract on a table- lead to six souls. Use the tracts that are available-
- If you are not saved- accept Christ now. Baptism, church membership- important decisions.
- But I want you to have the joy of helping a soul come to Jesus. Get the training- do the teaching- witnessing, let your life count for Christ-if you do-- joy, if you don't-- judgment.